Cross-cluster Executive Morning Show Producer
We just graduated another one to the big leagues! Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, Birmingham seeks Full-Time executive Morning show producer. The ideal candidate is someone who is plugged into their community, and understands what people are talking about at church, Target, football games, and around the dinner table with their families. The ability to both navigate and create content on sites like Facebook, and twitter are all a must. This position requires understanding of minds of the consumers of multiple formats: Country, A/C and News-Talk. You should also be a ravenous consumer of all media, from web sites like TMZ and the Blaze, to TV shows like The Voice, Sports Center, and the Five. Finally maintenance of an ever-growing smart-phone contact list of top shelf local and national celebrities and guests is critical.
The position would require assisting in the booking, planning and execution of three high profile morning shows, general promotional support, board operation and production.
The following are additional desirable traits that we are looking for. No applicant will have every single one of these, but if you don’t have at least most of them, we are probably not a good fit for each other:
• 4+ years experience producing a show, preferably a morning show in a rated market.
• Able to work well under pressure while still wearing a smile.
• Quick audio editing skills, Adobe Audition preferred.
• Experience with Nex-Gen.
• Experience running an audio board for a live radio program.
• Phone screening experience.
• Guest booking experience.
• An understanding of social media and how to use it to grow the show.
• Radio production experience.
• A desire to be an integral part of three major-market-sounding shows.
• Someone who is not mic shy, but also knows the role of the producer is not to get between the host and the listener.
• Someone who understands and respects Alabama culture, and the target listener for each of the respective brands.
• The ability to keep several plates spinning at once.
• Great promotional ideation.
• Someone who is not afraid to get up very, VERY early in the morning, every weekday morning.
-This is not a regular 9 to 5 job, and it is definitely not a job for beginners.
If you have the goods, and the enthusiasm, send you resume and any other useful propaganda that demonstrates your skill, aptitude, and drive today. Also please answer the following:
1. If not local, how quickly can you relocate? What will it take to get you here?
2. (Being realistic) provide at least a broad salary expectation (so I know we are not wasting each other’s time)
3. Are there any obligations which would prevent you from preforming your duties on a consistent basis?
4. In one paragraph, or less, tell me why you are the perfect candidate for this job, and why we shouldn’t even look at any other applicant.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and air check demo to:
Please DO NOT send your resume’s directly to the radio station or contact us by phone. Because of EEO regulations, you will need to apply through the above website. Otherwise, your application will not be reviewed.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Promotions Team Member / Part-Time
We're offering a steady part time job working events for radio stations in Birmingham, AL! This is similar to promo model, brand ambassador work - and is more consistent. Radio experience is not required. We'll teach you the ropes, if you have the right attitude.
Clear Channel Media + Entertainment is looking to hire a Part-Time Promotions Team Member to represent all of our stations in the Birmingham area. A positive attitude (this job is 90% attitude), highly energetic, outgoing personality, reliability, creativity, accountability for performance, and strong customer service skills are a MUST. You will be expected to converse comfortably with the public in an outgoing and friendly manner; represent and promote all seven of our stations with listeners as well as our clients. Please apply to https://careerchannel.silkroad.com/ that details a history of success in the above areas. Cover letters, headshots, explanation of your job history are welcome. No phone calls please.
Job Category: Marketing
Location: Birmingham, AL
Division: Media & Entertainment
Employment Status: Part-Time
Requirements include (but are not limited to) operating promotional vehicles, setting up tents and sound systems on site, operating basic radio equipment and other duties as directed by the Promotions Director. Must be able to work nights and weekends regularly and holidays. Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Previous promotional experience required. Must have a valid driver's license, ability to be insured under our company driving policy and be able to lift at least 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and air check demo to:
Please do not send your resume’s directly to the radio station or contact us by phone. Because of EEO regulations, you will need to apply through the above website. Otherwise, your application will not be reviewed.
Description: Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world`s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling Clear Channel assets as marketing solutions. The role objective is to achieve revenue targets and services goals while helping clients meet key business challenges. Successful candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, self-starters who are able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
This is a tough and demanding position where only the motivated succeed. One out of every three Account Executives hired will quit in their first year, but if you are motivated, have a strong desire to succeed and can adapt and overcome, then you are in for a successful and rewarding career with a global media leader.
- Develop new leads by cold calling and obtaining face to face appointments.
- Attain new business accounts and sponsorships.
- Generate revenue and meet sales targets.
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with client base and agencies.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising and public relations communities.
- Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming and other off-air projects.
- Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
- Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments and follow-up.
- 2+ years prior experience in successful sales role.
- Bachelor`s degree.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to design, deliver and execute marketing strategies and presentations.
- Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and meeting functions.
- Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced company that works on the cutting edge of media and entertainment initiatives and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals; we invite you to apply online today at https://careerchannel.silkroad.com/ where you will have the chance to become part of Clear Channels Competitive Advantage our People.